I have a few emails lurking in my inbox that are kept there on purpose - a kind of electronic time capsule. Some of them are from friends who have said things so kind that they brighten my day every time I read them, some might not be too terribly great, but they're left there to remind me of hard times that I've made it through. It's another version of a diary or a photo album. Quick glimpses into my past that remind me of who I am, who my friends are and have been, and the things that have made me laugh, cry, smile and swoon. Words so heartfelt and emotions so raw that they instantly transport me back to being with that person or in that moment, feeling those emotions, making me relive it all - but this time knowing how things progressed over time. And I smile.
Take a moment if you have a little free time, go as far back in your inbox as possible and go through some of your old emails. Create a special folder for those "time capsule" messages so that you can go back to them from time to time without having to sort through the junk. Sometimes it's good to look back and see where you've been. It helps to give you perspective on the future.
Vigorously nodding my head in agreement!
ReplyDelete