And this is why I don't get into it: (And forgive me if I ramble a bit, but this cold is making me a smidge spacey) Shouldn't government be open to the people, free from game playing and somewhat civil? Am I truly that idealistic? Apparently. I know that people who live in other countries envision our government that way. I know when we were learning about government in school, that's how we saw it. Unfortunately, it's nowhere near the case here in America's Dairyland. Seriously - this goes far beyond the games I'd expect to be played in Washington. Rushed meetings, no notice, things that are one minute all about money are suddenly not about money at all...
I want to go back to thinking our government is full of people who are working together, with some differences of course, to make things better for the people with reasoning and civilized debate - not just push agendas through by any means necessary. It's a sad, sad time not only for those who are immediately affected by the decisions made by the state government, but for all of us who live in the state as we are embarrassed that people like this could come from the place we love. Now we'll be known for Dahmer, Gein and Fucked Up Government Officials.
Never, ever, ever state your personal opinion regarding politics. *sigh* Go democracy! *sigh*
ReplyDeleteI know, I know. I'm done now. Back to funner stuff. ;)
ReplyDelete