Monday, January 3, 2011

and it begins

Happy 2011 everyone!  I know people are usually either all over making resolutions or completely anti-resolution, but I'm somewhere in between.  I prefer to make realistic goals over the course of the year and sometimes January 1st just sounds like a good time to start.  Here are some of the goals I've come up with so far:

Less alcohol - This should be pretty since for some reason my body just doesn't seem to want it any more.  After more than one drink I get a serious case of heartburn, so unless I want to feel like crap while I'm drinking, this should be pretty easy.

Work on my gut and arms - I've got the cardio thing down, now I need to target a couple of problem areas.  I'm pretty sure this will be easy to throw in my routine.

More meditation - Oh, I've been bad about this one and I have a feeling it shows.  Gotta get my ass on that cushion and work on things.

Help the hubster get healthy - He told me all he needs is for someone to tell him what to do and he'll do it.  Okay - I'll tell him what to do then.  That's my end of the deal, let's see if he holds up to his end.  ;)

Try to be more understanding - I have a feeling this will be a no-brainer once the meditation becomes regular again.

See - nothing drastic.  Seems pretty easy.  What about you?  Do you make resolutions, hate them, or do you set little goals for yourself?  If so, anything for the year so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment