Wednesday, January 26, 2011

6 legs too many

As I was falling asleep last night, I thought it would be a great night for dreams.  I was feeling somewhat amorous, so I thought I might dream of a member of the other gender.  No one specifically, but there are so many to choose from, I thought one of them might pop up during the night. 

I did dream, but not about men as I had hoped.  No, for some reason my subconscious decided to dream about a spider.  A huge, monstrous, bird-eating spider. 

I don't remember much of the dream other than I was at an aquarium or museum, it was night, I was with a small group of people though I don't remember who (apparently not any men that I would be interested in).  We had a tour guide for some reason or a volunteer stopped by to talk to the group.  We were in the main hall area when something caught my eye outside a window on the second floor.  It was a moving shadow.  As I strained my eyes to try to make it out, I could see bird wings flapping and huge appendages (legs, people...minds outta the gutters) wrapping around them.  That's when the guide said it was a spider.  I think it had a name, but I don't remember what it was.  He then took us around to a place where we could see it better and shined a light on it and it looked quite a bit like one of the spiders we had living on our porch this past summer...except about one million times the size.  I think I woke up not long after gazing at it in wonder and fear for a few minutes.



So, yeah.  Not what I was hoping for...at all.  How my mind went from hoping to dream of men with broad shoulders and strong arms to a giant eight-legged arachnid eating birds is beyond me.  Am I secretly creeped out by them, feeling like they're wrapping me up in a web of something or other?  Whoa - I think some dime store novelist has entered my brain.  Maybe I'll hope for better dreams tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment