People always joke about how the frequency of sex dwindles down to near non-existent levels after marriage. I'm not going to comment here as to whether this is true in my own marriage or not...ahem...but here's something people rarely discuss: How often do you kiss your significant other after being together for years? I'm not talking about the peck on the lips to say good morning or goodbye as is the norm, I mean a real, lengthy kiss - maybe even a little tongue (gasp).
Prince - Kiss
This is something that I've been casually polling some of my friends and aquaitances about lately, and I seem to be coming up with the same answers - no time, it's silly, never really thought about it, or as one friend put it, "It's for high-schoolers." Tsk, tsk...
Okay, here's another question: Do you still get butterflies when you're with your significant other? Let's be honest here. I'm guessing the answer is usually no. Nothing against them, you love them, you're still attracted to them, but that newness is gone. Sure there are those times where something's new or they're looking especialy wonderful and that feeling is back, but fleeting. Usually the butterflies arrive when a relationship is new, you're nervous and excited and feeling all tingly, right?
So, try this...the next time you have a moment alone with your mate - even if only for a moment - give him or her a long, lingering passionate kiss. I can almost guarantee you that the butterflies will return. If it's been so long that you haven't even thought about it - it will be like it's new again, yet familiar and right. Make yourself feel like you're in high school again. What's so wrong about that?
Go! Experiment! What's the harm in trying? Let me know how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment