Friday, June 25, 2010

where does the pollen go?

Why is it that every time I see bees pollenating flowers, this song comes to mind?



Maybe it's a good thing as it reminds me about the different parts of the flower and the things I learned about in 6th grade science class. Of course, I don't know why I would need to know those terms for any practical purposes. I don't have conversations about stamens and pistils at the office or while hanging out with my friends - well, not the ones on flowers anyway. 

Here's another thought regarding this video - why didn't we ever break out into song and dance in high school?  (Well, some of us sang New Kids on the Block songs in homeroom, but that's just a whole different beast.)   And I don't mean some Glee-esque irritating auto-tuned harmonies, I mean a good, raunchy, belt it out high school hormone-filled romp. I think this kind of scene would have been quite appropriate for my French 4 class when our teacher would teach us all the curse words we needed to know.  A little ditty with "merde" and "salope" in it could have been lots of fun.  I mean, we listened to a French rock opera in that class, why not have our own impromptu performance?   Now that would have been something to liven up the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment