Ah, here were a couple of memorable movies with big-name stars that I still watch every time there's nothing else on.
1. Teen Wolf
I remember this and Back to the Future coming out around the same time, back when Michael J. Fox was Mr. Popular. He was never one of my favorites, but I did enjoy watching this one on VHS over and over again. I had to wonder - If I all of the sudden became some freakish, hairy beast, would I suddenly become popular at my junior high? Really, does that make any sense? Isn't the odd one usually shunned? Oh...that's right...it helped him play a better game of basketball. Well, that explains it all.
What's awesome: The wolf dance, Stiles, van surfing
Not so awesome: Boof - come on, this girl is dull, very old teenagers
2. Once Bitten
I loved this movie from the first time time I saw it. Back then I watched it for a sultry female vampire who I adored, but now I watch it for a young Jim Carrey. There's a scene where the main characters are in a clothing store which is SO 80's it hurts. She keeps throwing pastel and white clothing at him and he picks out something black instead. I had to admire him for that. I loved the dream sequences and the dance off too.
What's awesome: Good dance-off sequence (love instant choreography), beautiful female vampire that I wanted to be,
Not so awesome: Another goody-goody girlfriend who drives me crazy - what was it this year casting women?
Next time: The science movies
No comments:
Post a Comment