There have been a few charity walks (since I can't run yet) that I've wanted to do this fall, including the Walk to End Alzheimer's of which I've been a part of for the past 3 years. The problem with doing charity walks is that I'd have to go around ad ask for people to donate money again. I have to say, I'm pretty sure people are sick of me (or actually people around me) asking for donations. Maybe next year I'll be able to do it without feeling like I'm imposing.
If you're interested in making any contributions to the charities I was going to walk for, you can find the info here.
Walk to End Alzheimer's This walk was actually yesterday, but you can still donate.
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer This seems to be a newish event and is for the American Cancer Society. It has nothing to do with the Komen Foundation, so at least you know the money will be well spent.
Heart Walk This is for the American Heart Association. Heart disease runs rampant on both sides of my family and before the whole cancer thing hit, I figured it was going to be the way I'd end up going.
Like I said, I'll be walking these next year (hopefully) and will be pestering everyone for money for these fine charities as opposed to my own bills. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment