Tuesday, May 20, 2014

this woman had enough of sad news and loud opinions and you'll never guess what happened next

Oh, Facebook.  How I have a love/hate relationship with that dreaded social media site.  I love being able to keep in contact with my friends so easily, but at the same time there's so much other crap filling up my news feed that I just have to get away from it for a little while.  Oh, I've hidden people from my feed, I've unfriended a few others. (You keep "liking" every photo that God Is Not Dead posts because the world is going to Hell and proclaim you don't believe in evolution when you want to work with animals?  Buh-bye.)  There are too many things that I can't hide though that have pushed me to the breaking point.  Again.

A lot of it centers around this dang diagnosis.  I completely admit it.  Every time someone "likes" or reposts some online article about how some little kid had cancer and went into remission but then a few years later was blindsided with the disease again and died and, Oh hey - look at this awesome funeral they had!  (Yeah - that's what I want to read about, thanks!)  Or post another "miracle" cure for cancer. (People, read up on your facts on sites other than cannabisrulesmedicinesucks.com before posting yet another story).  Or someone compares having such-and-such an unseen disease to cancer again. (Can we just come to the happy yet unhappy conclusion that every disease is unique and one is not like another?)

But that's not all of it.  Once again, the political posts, the religious posts, the I'm not judging you but I'm totally judging you posts, the bragging, the vaguebookers, the attention seekers....I just can't right now.   There's so much more to life than that and I'd rather see the best parts of it than the worst.

I will be back...again....most likely at the end of June when I finish up my chemo.  I'll come back on to celebrate a bit and see what I've missed.  Hopefully you, my friends, won't forget about me by then.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment