Friday, April 11, 2014

this is your brain on chemo

Well, chemo brain has kicked in.  It isn't constant, but at the end of the last 2 cycles, I've been hit with it for a couple of days.  (Therefore, if my sentence structure doesn't always make sense here, please don't hold it against me.)



Let me give you a snapshot of how my brain is (not) functioning.



Get to work.

Turn on computer, music, digital photo frame

Open email

Stare blankly at email for 2 minutes

Realize I'm staring blankly at email and begin running Monday morning reports

Pause music to go to printer and get reports

Bring reports back to office

*

*












*

*

The internet is boring.

*

*










*

Ooh - I should read up on Captain America now that I've seen it.

Commence reading

*

*

Remember I'm at work, it's Monday, and I have reports to do.

Commence working on reports

Realize halfway through that I'm entering the wrong numbers

Shit

*

*












*

*

Okay, what was I doing?

Redo reports using correct numbers, brain functioning at 100%, all is well.

Finish reports, double-checking information, speedy and efficient as always.

Compose email to boss:

The reports weekly are attached.

no...delete

The resports weekly are attached.

Crap!  No!  delete...

Your weekly reports...

*

*











*

shit!

...are attached.

Send email without attachment.

*

*













*

Remember I was listening to music before and start it up again.

Start doing other work. spot on, brain working at full capacity.

Receive email from boss looking for attachment.

Oh, for fuck's sake!

Hit reply

*

*

*
















Attach reports and send.



1 comment:

  1. Oh crap! I get this too! Oh but wait.... I have no excuse..... oops.

    ReplyDelete