Wednesday, April 2, 2014

lost voice

I have always been a notorious car singer.  As long as I've been driving, I've been singing along to just about everything.  Well, that's when I'm alone in the car anyway.  I'm shy.

As I was driving to work this morning, I realized I was sitting there in silence.  I had music blasting as I always do, there were songs that I'd usually sing along with, and I just sat there stone-faced.  And then I realized I couldn't remember the last time I sang anything.

Singing has always been my release, my way of expressing happiness, of getting over anger, of working through my nerves, and the car has always been the one place I can do it in peace.  It's just natural for me.

This lack of singing seems to say quite a bit about how I'm doing.  What it means, I don't know, but it must mean something, right?  Things are awry.  I am not my normal self.

I need to find my voice again.



No comments:

Post a Comment