I have had this stack of files in front of me for two hours.
There are many things that are listed in that "and other tasks as assigned by your supervisor" line of my job description that I don't enjoy, but this has to be my least favorite task of them all.
Because nobody else wants to touch these things, they pile up on top of a file cabinet that is located just outside my office window and as the pile grows, I find myself glaring at them. I'll walk past them, thinking I should really do something about them, and then decide against it.
It's a lot like that scene in Pee-Wee's Big Adventure when the pet store is on fire and Pee-Wee runs in to save all of the animals. They keep showing him going past the aquarium full of snakes and he looks at it like this:
He frees the monkeys, the dogs, the rats, takes the time to put the goldfish in bowls and runs them out...and then eventually those snakes are the only thing left and there's nothing he can do but take care of them.
Yep. That's me and filing.



No comments:
Post a Comment