Monday, November 25, 2013

the blerch

This is the Blerch:

This little annoying guy was created by Matthew Inman over at The Oatmeal.  He stands for everything that I fight with when I know I should make better life choices or pushing myself further, but find myself caving or giving up. 

Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, take a look at this and you'll read all about him.


Now, I don't run long distances, but I deal with The Blerch on a daily basis.  This panel shows you what he says to me almost every morning:

 

I started agreeing with him more and more.  I used to get up every morning at 5:15am, walk into our spare room (sometimes when the temp was in the 50's in there) and have Shawn T kick my butt either with Insanity or Focus T25, and then meditate for a little while.  But it got easier and easier for me to listen to the chubby winged deceiver and I would sleep in more and more.  Bed is cozy. I am old. I didn't get as much sleep the night before as I wanted to.  You see the pattern.

That ended today.  (Well, okay, it would have ended today if I had turned on the proper alarm - but I still ran a mile.  That's something, right?)  The hubby and I are starting...again.  Low carb, no refined white stuff, exercising religiously, and becoming healthier people.  Again.  We did it once, the Blerch won us over, we can do it again.

I have 20 pounds that I want to melt away.  I will not obsess with my weight, but I will obsess about making the right choices.  These choices will make the weight go away on its own.  Getting up in the morning like I know I should.  Not eating that piece of cake in the cafeteria that's probably hard and stale, but still there so I eat it anyway.  Staying away from the vending machine and it's never ending supply of Gardettos. 

I know I've written posts about this numerous times before, and the fact that I have to continue writing the same thing over and over is very disappointing to me.  I've disappointed myself and that just will not do. 

I've made The Blerch my profile picture on Facebook, stuck his picture in my fridge and put the panel you see above on my phone so it's the first thing I see in the morning.  I will not cave in to this guy any more, dang it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment