Saturday, August 10, 2013

wisconsin's not so bad

You know, sometimes I get down on Wisconsin.  I get pissed off at the stereotypes of the fat beer-swilling, cheese-loving, cow milking, backwoods hicks.  I think about the politicians like McCarthy and Walker and Ryan, and I forget all of the great people who have come out of this state.  I took a moment today to take a look at some of the awesome people who have called the true mitten state home, and found some who I hadn't known about.  Pleasant surprises!  Here are some of the greats...

Jim Abrahams, David Zucker and Jerry Zucker - you know, the people who brought you such classic scenes as this:

And while we're on funny people, let's add a few more: Chris Farley, Joel Hodgson (you know, MST3K), Frank Caliendo, and another of the greats, Gene Wilder:


Then there were more actors listed like Willem Dafoe and Heather Graham, Tom Hulce (though it's not certain), Tony Shaloub, Spencer Tracy, and a couple of people I was pleasantly surprised to see: Mark Ruffalo - my favorite Hulk...

...and the vampire I want to be when I grow up - Kristin Bauer van Straten (Pam from True Blood) Oh, and this is completely NSFW


And there are so many more names that you know, like Harry Houdini, Georgia O'Keefe, Frank Lloyd Wright, Orson Welles, Liberace, Les Paul, and a whole slew of others.  Let's just not get into the whole serial killer thing like Dahmer and Gein, okay?

Yay for Wisconsin!  We're not all backwards-thinking, 19th century-living, paranoia-instilling douchecanoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment