Am I the only adult in the world who has never smoked pot? Good lord! And now all this hullabaloo about Colorado and Washington making recreational use legal and now everybody's coming out of the woodwork saying, "Road trip to Colorado!" Really? I mean really? What's so awesome about it?
Don't get me wrong. If states want to legalize it, by all means, let them. I've read and heard the arguments for it and I get it. I just personally don't want to do it myself. I mean, I never tried it because 1) It's illegal and I don't like getting in trouble 2) I don't wanna get paranoid and get the munchies which is not at all conducive to weight loss and 3) I really don't want to inhale smoke - especially that stinky stuff. Blech! If I went to one of those states where it was legal, it would knock one of the three reasons off of my list, but the other two would remain. (Oh and for those of you who don't get paranoid but get mellow. I'm already mellow. If I were to get any more mellow, I'd be asleep.) It just doesn't appeal to me.
So am I a goodie-goodie for never trying it? I don't think so. (I'm not that wholesome...trust me.) Sure, being a child of the Just Say No generation, that's how my decision against it started. Now it's just a personal preference. I don't think I've really missed out on anything by not trying it other than getting the humor in Pineapple Express. That's not a big loss. Do you think it's something I should experience some day just to say I did it? Some twisted bucket list item? Nah. I'm content without it, thanks. If anything I'll just go to a Dave Matthews concert and get a contact high someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment