Abraham Lincoln: Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies
Sure, I could have gone with his incarnation in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, but this movie was so much better because it didn't try to be what it wasn't. And this Lincoln was intelligent, well spoken, and full of zombie ass-kicking skills. We'll need that come the zombie apocalypse.
President James Dale: Mars Attacks!
He wasn't perfect, but he tried. He listened to others and did what he thought was best, even if it backfired terribly. Can you blame a guy for wanting everyone to "just get along"?
Dave Kovic: Dave
A look-alike replaces the actual President in an emergency and becomes the President we would all hope for. Can this happen? Please?
President Beck: Deep Impact
I know we all feel like the end of the world is coming soon sometimes. Who else would you want to hear calmly telling you about your impending doom other than Morgan Freeman?
President James Marshall: Air Force One
Harrison Ford and this line. Need I say more?
President Thomas J. Whitmore: Independence Day
He stayed in the White House to make people feel safe. He found out all about Area 51. He flew a fighter jet to try to shoot down the aliens. And he gave one of the most inspiring speeches ever. I'd take him over a couple of serial tweeters.
President Josiah "Jed" Bartlet: The West Wing
I'm so sorry that I was late to the West Wing party. I've been watching it lately and dream of a President the likes of Jed Bartlet. We can only hope that come 2020, the stars will align, the Super PACs will dissolve, and a worthy presidential candidate will appear.






Amen.
ReplyDelete