Sunday, January 26, 2014

foreshadowing


It was one of those crazy vivid dreams that I barely ever have, sometime during the last week of December, and it seemed to go on for hours. I was in a car with my husband driving, our son was in the backseat. It was some sort of war scenario.  Hundreds of airplanes were being shot down from above us. As we drove, my husband had to keep swerving left and right to avoid wheels and wings and fuselage that were falling like fireballs from the sky. When we finally got to safety in a hotel, about 20 people rushed the building and held everyone hostage. We were somehow separated and it took what seems like forever but I finally found them. We were trapped and afraid.  We didn't know what the outcome would be, but we still had hope. It was war and we were all in it together.  I didn't know what it meant until New Years Day.

You see, that was the day I found out I had breast cancer.

You might remember me posting in my blog a little while ago that I was writing an epic post about something that many women have probably gone through.  Well, that was supposed to be all about having found a lump and getting all worried and worked up because of the over-hype of breast cancer awareness, to have it turn out to be nothing.  I guess the joke was on me.

I've been through every kind of testing you can think of.  I've had mammograms, ultrasounds, this scan and that scan.  I've seen nurses and techs and surgeons and oncologists.  Because of all of these things, I have a plan in place and I start killing off those nasty cells on February 6th.  Like my dream, we're all in this together, but this time I know how it all turns out - I win.

As for that blog post, I've saved it somewhere else and it has started my chronicle of this journey.  This blog will remain as my outlet for random observations and silliness.  No cancer talk here, we have a different place for that.  (Okay, maybe a few bald jokes here or there.) No self-pity, no pink ribbons, no cancer education.  The blog remains the same.

As do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment