Because I'm extremely frustrated, in need of an escape, have no money with which to do so, need a new job, wish the school year was over so I wouldn't have to force my kid to do homework without feeling the need to tie him to a chair to do so, yadda, yadda, yadda, I've found myself looking for items that I loved as a child. Here are some that I've found that will hopefully bring a smile to your face as well.
Doesn't this just reek of being a kid - and not a bad reek, more like a bread was baking in the oven, but it's been sitting on the counter for a while kind of reek.
I played with this thing a ton!
And I was a Barbie freak. I had this one - thought the astronaut by day/party girl by night outfit with shoulder-poufs the size of Alaska were something to aspire to. "We girls can do anything!"
Zug-zug
White Nights - I've watched this movie hundreds of times and never tire of it.
I was also a Michael Jackson fanatic back in the days of Thriller, but looking back, I think my favorite album of his was Off The Wall. It was him before he started going a little off-kilter.
Yup. Had it. Most of my "Ponies" were unicorns and pegasuses (or is it pegasi?) Hard to stick a sunbonnet on a unicorn.
And last but certainly not least.....
Our old pal, Grover. Who didn't love Grover? He was sweet, friendly, sometimes even Super. He was the epitome of childhood innocence, 20x better than Elmo,
and thankfully we never realized how similar his voice was to Yoda's.
No comments:
Post a Comment